The Only Career Advice You Need For 2017
“The indispensable employee brings humanity and connection and art to her organization. She is the key player, the one who’s difficult to live without, the person you can build something around.” Seth Godin
Are you ready to have your career soar in 2017? If the answer is yes, do you have a plan?
Buckle your seat belt and here we grow… in the next few minutes we’ll map out the path to ensure you reach your goals for the upcoming year.
Why Your Work Matters
These questions will ensure that you are connecting your work to something more meaningful than just a paycheck or a title. Make the commitment to yourself, to your company and to the greater good you are achieving through work that you are passionate about.
Reflect on and answer the following questions.
1. What are you doing that’s difficult?
2. What are you doing that people believe only you can do?
3. Who are you connecting?
4. What do people say when they talk about you?
5. What are you afraid of?
6. What’s the scarce resource?
7. Who are you trying to change?
8. What does the change look like?
9. Would we miss your work if you stopped making it?
10. What do you stand for?
11. What contribution are you making?
Per Seth any question that’s difficult to answer deserves more thought. Any answers that are meandering, nuanced or complex are probably a symptom of something important.